What are creative words?
What are creative words?
Here are some words that are associated with creative: imaginative, inventive, creativity, productive, constructive, artistic, generative, creativeness, create, originative, original, fictive, notional, fanciful, yeasty, collaboration, innovative, collaborative, entrepreneurial, musical, theatrical, interactive.
What is descriptive format?
The primary purpose of descriptive writing is to describe a person, place or thing in such a way that a picture is formed in the reader’s mind. Capturing an event through descriptive writing involves paying close attention to the details by using all of your five senses.
What are juicy words?
A juicy word is a precise and interesting word. It sounds good when it is read. It might be a new word to you or an old favorite. Juicy words raise the level of what is written. As writers, we can improve our writing by finding and trying out new words instead of using the same old words over and over.
What are good words to describe?
Explore the Words
- adaptable. capable of fitting a particular situation or use.
- adventurous. willing to undertake new and daring enterprises.
- affectionate. having or displaying warmth or fondness.
- ambitious. having a strong desire for success or achievement.
What is a juicy sentence?
The juicy sentence is a strategy developed by Lily Wong Fillmore, specifically to address the needs of ELL’s and accessing complex text.
How do you write a good descriptive paragraph?
How to Write a Descriptive Essay
- Choose a specific topic. Strong descriptive essays remain focused at all times.
- Compile information.
- Make an outline.
- Write the introductory paragraph.
- Write body paragraphs.
- Summarize the essay in the concluding paragraph.
- Look for ways to enliven your language.
What are some descriptive words?
These are some other descriptive words you might find fun:
How do you write descriptive?
7 Tips for Writing Descriptive Sentences
- Cut out obvious descriptions.
- Use surprising words.
- Remember sensory details.
- Make use of figurative language.
- Think about who is doing the describing.
- Be wary of over-description.
- Read good examples of descriptive writing.
What is descriptive writing example?
In descriptive writing, the author does not just tell the reader what was seen, felt, tested, smelled, or heard. Rather, the author describes something from their own experience and, through careful choice of words and phrasing, makes it seem real. Descriptive writing is vivid, colorful, and detailed.
inventive, imaginative, innovative, innovatory, innovational, experimental, original. artistic, expressive, inspired, visionary. productive, prolific, fertile. talented, gifted, resourceful, quick-witted, ingenious, clever, smart. unconventional, unorthodox, unusual, out of the ordinary.
What can I say instead of he?
What is another word for he?
How do you use said?
said Add to list Share. The word said is the past tense of the verb “say,” but it can also be used as an adjective to refer to something that has been previously introduced. Although said is most commonly used as the past tense of the verb say, its use as an adjective comes mainly in legal and business writing.
What do you say after dialogue?
Volume (e.g. yelled, shouted, bellowed, screamed, whispered) Tone or pitch (e.g. shrieked, groaned, squeaked) Emotion (e.g. grumbled, snapped, sneered, begged)
How do you speak professionally?
Speak Like a Professional
- Use short, clear, declarative sentences. Short sentences focus your message and make it easier for your audience to follow.
- Speak in the active tense. Own your actions.
- Stay calm under pressure.
- Speak naturally.
- Say what you mean.
- Focus on what matters to your audience.
- Be specific.
How do you avoid using said?
Avoiding He Said & She Said
- “He said” and “she said” are stilted when overused.
- Only use dialogue tags every three or four lines.
- Use action to show who’s talking.
- Use dialogue to tell your reader who’s talking.
- Final thoughts.
How do you formally speak in English?
English speakers commonly replace adverbs with adjectives in casual speech, so “I’m well” becomes “I’m good” and “She runs quickly” becomes “She runs fast.” To speak more formally, be precise in your use of the parts of speech. Use correct grammar, even in phrases where the average person does not.
Where do you put said in a sentence?
Said sentence example
- She said something and then rode ahead.
- “It’s wonderful!” said Dorothy.
- “Good night,” he said cheerfully.
- You would have said that was crazy.
- Alex said nothing, his stoic features giving no suggestion of what was on his mind.
- “Later,” he said with a grin that summoned the dimple below one eye.
How do you start a formal dialogue?
Phase 1: Begin with Good Conversation Starters The best way to start up a conversation with someone you don’t know is to ask a question that’s not too personal. Here are some examples of polite questions you can ask to get things going: “Excuse me, do you have the time?” or “Do you know what time it is?” “Hi.
What is a good conversation starter?
Networking Conversation Starters After you’ve asked “What do you do?” where should the conversation go from there? These questions will open up conversations beyond just discussing your job title. How did you hear about this event? What was the first job you ever had?
How can I be formal?
There are many different factors that make up formal behavior, including speech, manners, and dress. To act formally, you want to avoid casual language and informal words, practice proper etiquette, and dress in nice, clean, and proper clothes.
How can I learn to talk politely?
Follow these tips and you should make the right impression when you talk to people.
- Listen and be understanding.
- Avoid negative words – instead use positive words in a negative form.
- Say the magic word: Sorry.
- Use little words to soften your statements.
- Avoid ‘finger pointing’ statements with the word ‘you’
What is a fancy word for SAD?
1 unhappy, despondent, disconsolate, discouraged, gloomy, downcast, downhearted, depressed, dejected, melancholy.
How do you start off a descriptive essay?
The introduction to the descriptive essay should set the scene and introduce the reader to the subject. Use the list of sensory details to describe the subject. Have a strong opening line that grabs the reader’s attention. Then, end the introduction with your thesis statement.
How do you start a description of a person?
Start with very general descriptions – Using general descriptions will help you describe someone without having to go into specific details. For example, you can describe someone’s appearance by talking about their gender, height, weight, age, hair color, or eye color.
What are the polite words?
Words that are polite include “Please,” “Thank you,” and “Excuse me.” “Excuse me” is what I say when I would like the attention of another person. I can use my words to say, “Excuse me” when I want to talk to another person.
How can speak in English easily?
Regardless of your level, here’s how to speak English better in 10 easy steps:
- Imitate away.
- Avoid learning word by word.
- Use what you’ve learned immediately.
- Be an actor.
- Listen to others as much as you speak.
- Listen to yourself and get feedback from native speakers.
- Become visual.
- Narrate your life.
How do you write dialogue?
How to Format Dialogue in a Story
- Use Quotation Marks to Indicate Spoken Word.
- Dialogue Tags Stay Outside the Quotation Marks.
- Use a Separate Sentence for Actions That Happen Before or After the Dialogue.
- Use Single Quotes When Quoting Something Within the Dialogue.
- Use a New Paragraph to Indicate a New Speaker.
What is descriptive paragraph on a person?
Description of People is a biographical sketch of their lives from birth to the present time, highlighting major events and achievements during that span. In short it entails a person’s characteristics and events related to his life and their effects on his life.
What to say instead of says?
272 Words to Use Instead of “Said”
How do you describe someone in an essay?
If there is a description of a person, it is usually short, within one paragraph, or spans across the entire book. The three biggest tips for writing descriptive essays are to use a person you know, bear in mind that actions speak louder than words, and make the most of the personality traits.