How do you cite a case with multiple plaintiffs?
How do you cite a case with multiple plaintiffs?
General Rules for Case Names
- Individual Person – Only use the last name, omitting any job title or descriptive terms.
- Multiple Parties – Only cite the first party on each side and omit words indicating multiple parties.
How do you cite a transcript in an essay?
Provide both years in the in-text citation, separated with a slash, the earlier year first. Describe the type of transcript in square brackets (e.g., “[Speech transcript]”). Provide the site name in the source element of the reference, followed by the URL of the transcript.
How do I cite a motion complaint?
Cite the complaint in order as complaint, case name, federal supplement, court, date and filing number. For example: Complaint at 39, Peter v. Paul, 287 F.
How do you cite a quote from an interview in APA?
Citing an Interview As a personal interview is not published or “findable,” it should not be included in an APA reference list. Instead, a personal interview should be referenced as a parenthetical citation. For example: (J.
How do you cite a source code?
() source code> (<code version>) ….Citing computer code in a report or paper
- Author(s) name (Individual or corporation)
- Title of program/source code.
- Code version.
- Type (e.g. computer program, source code)
- Web address or publisher (e.g. program publisher, URL)
How do you cite subsequent history?
To cite the subsequent history of a case:
- Subsequent history citations will follow the full citation of a case, separated by a comma.
- Subsequent history will by introduced by an explanatory phrase, which can be found in T8 of your bluebook.
How do you cite a court case?
Court Decisions and Cases Notes for court cases should include case name, number, volume number, abbreviated name(s) of reporter, and, in parentheses, the abbreviated name of the court and the date.
How do you read a statute citation?
Reading a Statutory Citation
- the title or chapter number of the code.
- the abbreviated name of the code.
- the section or part number of the title or chapter; and.
- the year of the code.
How do you reference EndNote software?
In Word: click Insert Citation and enter a keyword that appears within your EndNote Desktop library references (e.g. author last name, title, abstract). Click Find and a list of matching search results will appear. Then select the reference(s) you want to insert and click Insert….
How do you cite a transcript?
How to Cite a Transcript of the Speech
- The author’s name.
- Title of the article or individual page.
- Title of the website.
- Name of the publisher.
- Date that the resource was published.
- Date the resource was retrieved.
- The URL or direct link to the resource.
How do you cite a legal code?
Therefore, the proper citation format is:
- The title number.
- The abbreviation of the code used (here, U.S.C.A. or U.S.C.S.)
- The section symbol (§) followed by a space and the section number containing the statute.
- The name of the publisher (West or LexisNexis)
- The year of the code.
How do you cite a works cited speech?
To cite a speech, lecture, or other oral presentation, cite the speaker’s name and the title of the speech (if any) in quotation marks. Follow with the title of the particular conference or meeting, the name of the organization, and the venue and its city (if the name of the city is not listed in the venue’s name)….
Do you need to cite open source code?
Hi, yes, you need to cite open source software as well you cite any other resource that you use.
How do you reference a software?
Reference examples Year. Title of software (Version number). [Software]. [Date accessed].
How do you cite a legal code in APA?
Format 1 – Code: (usually preferred format, using citation to California Codes): Name of law (if available), State Abbreviation Code Abbreviation § section number(s) (Year if available). Example Entry: Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act, Cal. Penal Code § 11164 et seq.
How do you cite your own interview?
The MLA citation for a personal interview should follow this format:
- Last name of person interviewed, First name. Interview. By Interviewer Name. Date of interview.
- Example: Mars, Bruno. Interview. By Julie Chapman. 10 May 2020.
How do you cite a court case in a paper?
To cite to a case in the United States Reports, list the following five elements in order:
- Name of the case (underlined or italicized);
- Volume of the United States Reports;
- Reporter abbreviation (“U.S.”);
- First page where the case can be found in the reporter;
- Year the case was decided (within parentheses).
Do you need to cite code?
Writing code is similar to academic writing in that when you use or adapt code developed by someone else as part of your project, you must cite your source. However, instead of quoting or paraphrasing a source, you include an inline comment in the code.
How do you cite Microsoft software?
How to Cite Software in APA Style
- Use an individual’s name in the reference if he or she has proprietary rights to the program.
- After the title, in brackets, provide a descriptor for the item.
- If the software is available online, provide the URL rather than the publisher name and location.